Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 12 - I Leave For Brazil


I am leaving to go to Brazil today!  I go to the airport at 3 today and end up in Brazil sometime tomorrow! I am really excited and have been looking forward to this day.
However my time in New York has been so great as well. I am sad to leave Liverpool, especially since there are not enough missionaries coming in.  Our area will be closed till July! So, the sister missionaries in our ward will be taking over the people that we teach.  They are going to have a full plate. Yikes.

This past week was really awesome. We got two new investigators and got Maime to come to church again. She loved it so much and even went up to the pulpit to bear her testimony. We were a little nervous because we didn't know what she was going to say. She kept it so spiritual and appropriate and it was wonderful. She even remembered to close "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." We were so proud of her. She said that her only hang up with our church was that she could not go out for 2 years and get sent to some area to preach the word and be a missionary. And we were like...well you don't have to do that to be a member!! So she is definitely going to be baptized soon. We are sad that we will not get to be here to see it though.

Another investigator we found this week is Gina. She has had a super rough life and is searching for peace and happiness.  We taught her the plan of salvation and she really loved it. We even committed her to a baptismal date in our first lesson! So that was pretty awesome - she is so prepared.
Elder Ricks and I are super sad to leave this ward - there are so many cool people in Liverpool. There were a lot of sad goodbyes at church yesterday, but it was cool to see how close I could get to people in just 6 weeks. I am so excited to meet more people in Brazil and get close to them. My Portuguese is rusty but we will see how it goes! 

Elder Ricks and I have been running around getting the apartment cleaned so it can be vacated, and the car clean so the Syracuse elders can take it. Today I need to get all my winter clothes shipped since I will be headed to a very hot climate! Hope you are all doing well.  Keep me in your prayers that I make it to Brazil!!!!

Elder Waters