Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 70 - Transferências

Hello everyone,

Today is transfers! And well Elder Villamar and I will be staying together for another transfer! Woohoo! He only has two more transfers, so I image that I will be his last companion.  Elder Hammond was transferred out of our zone, so that was kinda sad.  But Elder Faria (my second filho) was transferred into our zone so yay!  He says that Silene is still firme e forte.

The update on my other filho Elder Gimenez is that he got transferred to Abreu e Lima, which is so great! He will be able to baptize all the crentes I couldn't.  This will be his second transfer as a District Leader. Also a cool thing is that his girlfriend, who used to be an atheist when I was companions with him, just got baptized last week! Elder Gimenez was basically teaching her while we were companions through email. Super legit.

This week we got to have a meeting with the Stake President. It went well. We were able to discuss the difficulties of the stake and what is going on. It was a learning experience for me. We also got to do visits with our Branch President, President Davi yesterday.  This is always a blessing because he has a car - but also because he is awesome. I have learned a ton with him. He is very direct with what he wants from people. He doesn't beat around the bush. He makes things super clear. But he also knows how to make people feel good and loved. That is what is great about him.

Our progressing investigators Cleberson and Rute got the documents for Cleberson and are only waiting on Rute's documents now. Then they can enter into the process to get married. We're hoping that everything gets done by June.

This week I have reflected on how much I have grown since I entered into the MTC last year in January. I realized that I have learned so much. So much about how the Spirit works, how the gospel works in people's lives, how the Plan of Salvation is so beautifully constructed, about leadership, about conversion. So many things. This mission is passing by so quickly. I am so grateful for it. I love this Church. I love my Savior. I know that Joseph Smith really was called to be a prophet of God. I can't deny my testimony of the truth.

I also want to Congratulate my parents for 24 years of marriage! Happy Anniversary pais! Love you guys so much. I am so ever grateful for you two.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Waters

p.s. my companion feeds lizards gummy bears