Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 68 - Batismo de Jessyka e Dia das Mães

 olá pessoal,

This week was awesome! Mostly because we had an awesome baptism yesterday and then I got to talk with good old Mama R and Pops.

Our baptism yesterday was of a girl named Jessyka. Her dad Gerson baptized her and it was so very spiritual.  Her mom is trying to come back to church but is having availability problems because she works on Sundays and supports the family with her income.  However, Gerson got a phone call this week offering him a job and he won’t have to work Saturdays or Sundays! Blessings of the Lord. Lots of members came even though it was mother's day, which helped out a ton.

Yesterday was so great talking with my parents. I cannot believe how fast this mission is going by.  It feels like yesterday we were talking at Christmas. I can truly see that my mission is blessing them so much too.

This past week we got to go to Recife for a mission council with President. It was a very spiritual meeting and I learned a ton about leadership. We talked about how you need to be converted yourself in order to help others to change and become converted. He told us that we need to have testimonies so strong that it seeps out of our pores. Our example is everything. 


I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know this is the true gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was truly called of God to restore the true Church of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood. I am so grateful that through this same power I was sealed to my family. I love you all and hope you had a great mother´s day!

Abraço,

Elder Waters