Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 46 - deezy dezembro

Elder Gimenez and myself.
Hello everyone!

This week was pretty chill. It is starting to look a little like Christmas, but not really at all hahah.  I can't believe it is already December!

One day this week, we had a ton of lessons and Elder Gimenez rocked it at inviting people to be baptized.  Almost everyone accepted a marked date. We are realizing that the biggest thing we need to do is invite.

Unfortunately not many of the new investigators we encountered this week came to church. We went to buscar them, but they were all gone or doing things.  I felt super frustrated and felt like I was failing. But the thought kept coming into my mind that everyone has his or her own agency.  We have to do the best we can to bring people to Christ, but we can't force anyone to come to church.  Later, I was reading about patience in Preach My Gospel and it explains that patience means that you don't get frustrated or upset when problems occur.  It was like a kick in the pants-I need to have more patience!
  Elder Shelf praying
It is really cool to see when the members want to do missionary work. The bishop and 1st counselor came up to us on Sunday and thanked us for the work we have been doing.  Also, everyone is helping with Fernando, who came up to us on the street. His baptism is planned for this week so hopefully everything goes right!
 Me trying to re-create the photo of my dad on a bus on his mission.

Love you all! Thank you for your support and all of your prayers. I can feel the power of your prayers every day.

Elder Waters