Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Week 49 - Feliz Ano Novo!

Hello!

Happy New Year everyone! This week went super great! 

First of all we got to go up to Boa Vista in Recife for our Christmas Conference. It was literally the best thing ever. President Bigelow taught us so much. I feel so enlightened. And, definitely I feel closer to my Savior. At the Christmas Conference we watched the bible videos of Christmas, had lunch, and listened to Pres. Bigelow.   Everyone got a Chocottone.



A Chocottone is a chocolate version of a Panettone. Which is a traditional Christmas treat here in Brazil. It originated in Italy. We ate like 3 of them! ha ha. Other than that, it was super great to see all my old companions. Especially Elder Zeitner, because he will be leaving in January to come home. 


On Christmas Eve we went to a member’s home… Juliana and Alexandre's. They made us an awesome dinner with the most amazing rice that I have ever eaten. This rice is the bomb. BUT, they say they only make it on Natal. Bummer right? We also delighted in another Chocottone. 



Christmas morning we opened the gifts from my parents, Daph, and Elder Gimenez's ward sent. Juliana and Alexandre brought us over yet another box of sweets too. Thank you everyone. I had a sugar hangover. 


Also it rained almost everyday this week!!! Which they say never happens on Christmas-so I count it as a Christmas miracle. Of course I forgot my umbrella in Abreu e Lima-so we broke out our chique rain jackets. 


We skyped our family after lunch. Which was super fun! Elder Gimenez got to see his mom in Argentina through Skype, so that was super good for him. 
Later we dropped by to see Dilma our investigator and she is doing great. She is progressing for her baptismal on the 9th-. Then we had a small churrasco (BBQ Brazil) with Alexandre and Juliana yet again. It was way good and we played Uno. 

Also Elder Zanni bought a selfie pole and I loved it so I had to get one. Now I can be cool like Elder Slavens in Cambodia. eh almost as cool!


I have tons of photos to send this week-hope you can understand them


Elder Waters

PS  Elder Shelf is finally knocking on doors.