Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 74 - Batismo de Marileide e Jonas



Hello everyone!

This week went great because we had two baptisms. They were of Marileide and Jonas (Mom and son).  They used to be members of another religion, but after learning the true doctrine of the Restoration, they couldn't deny the truth! We were so happy that they were both baptized on the same day.

We encountered them in the street and they have progressed so quickly. When we taught them about the Word of Wisdom, Marileide got up, went to the kitchen to grab her bag of coffee, gave it to us and said "I drink this every single day, but I won’t have any problem stopping right now because Christ will help me!" And she didn’t have any problems!

This week we heard that the United States beat Ecuador in soccer in the Copa of America and this hasn’t happened in like 20 years. So of course, Elder Villamar had to bake me a cake with US colors on top :)


Today we get to go to the temple and I am so very excited. I miss the temple so much. I am going to go every week after the mission - one time in every three months is not enough!

Love you guys. I know this is the True Church.

Elder Waters