Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 72 - Junho

We have been working so hard that my companion needs to put his feet in a bucket of ice water while we study! haha

Hello everyone!

This has been another great week in Brazil!

I thought I would keep this email to more of what I have been learning recently. These past few weeks I have been studying the Plan of Salvation a ton. And I can truly say that it is a Plan of Happiness. I have learned so much about our purpose here and why we face such trials and problems in life.  I have learned how to have an eternal perspective on things - especially when we are faced with difficulties.


Metro on the way to President's house for mission council.

Elder Holland taught in a leadership discussion that if we understand the "why" of things, the "how" will always work itself out.  I have learned that when we truly understand the Plan of Happiness more and more, we get more happy! And not just a fake outside smile, but an internal force of joy. Another great thing that I have learned and grown more and more testimony of is the Godhead. In April 2008, Elder Robert D. Hales gave a talk entitled "Gaining a Testimony of God the Father; His Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost." A quote that I love from this talk is

"As an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I testify of the truth of what is in the scriptures and what has been told to me and can be told to you by the Holy Spirit. It will be revealed according to your obedience and desires. The Savior taught us during His mortal ministry this great truth that applies to all of us: ‘Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.’ I testify that I do know these things, and I know with surety that these things which I have spoken of are true."

Ecuador salty banana with eggs thing that my companion made for me.

I know that we are here to learn eternal attributes. I am grateful for trials. I know that they make me stronger. I know that the bigger the trial, the greater the triumph. I have seen a happiness growing within me these past few weeks, and I feel even more converted unto the Lord. I am so grateful for this mission and everything that has taught me thus far. I am excited for what I still have to learn! I hope you all have a great week!