Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 88 - Batismo de Claudineide e Transferências

Hello everyone!

On Thursday was Claudineide's baptism. It went so awesome. She is so cool, I just love her so much and am so grateful to have met someone with such a sweet heart. Elder Gasparelo baptized her and her kids came to the baptism.  We are working with her kids Adailton and Ayana.  Ayana already knows that the Church is true. She just needs to take another step of faith. She is worried about her boyfriend and how he will react.  But it is just another great test of faith.

Claudineide told us that she almost gave up before the baptism, because she didn't know if she would be able to continue on firm in the church afterwards. We taught her more about how she would receive the companionship of the Holy Ghost and that through her worthiness, He would help her. She told us that her "baptism was the most beautiful event in her whole life. Even more beautiful than my wedding." It was truly spiritual.  One of the married couples in our ward played special music and sang a duet.

Yesterday I was sitting in a kombie (VW bus), and I was looking out at the Brasilian roads and just thinking wow I am in Brasil. I have gotten so used to this place that nothing seems weird to me anymore. I honestly can't remember how it is in the US, how the people act there, or how everyone speaks my native language.  Brasil has really become a second home for me. I will treasure these experiences for eternity. 


Today is our transfer day and I will be staying with Elder Gasparelo for another transfer! We are pretty excited about that. I am sad though, because Elder Omar will be going home tomorrow. I love that dude so much.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I get so amazed about how the Bible, the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price are so perfectly together.  Then, the words of the living Prophets on top of it all is just like one of the biggest blessings ever.

I love you guys so much, thank you for all your support!

Elder Waters