Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 99 - Batismo de Lucas Emmanuel


Hello everyone,

This week we had the baptism of Lucas. His mom is a recent-convert in Jardim Massangana (my first area in Brasil).  Lucas lives with his dad Heleno here in our area. It has been a few months that we have been teaching him and finally he had the opportunity to enter the waters of baptism. He is seriously super smart. He understands the doctrines of the gospel so easily and has acted on what he has learned. What is super cool is that his dad came to church and the baptism and he really like it. We taught his dad before, but he decided not to continue on. But now he has a whole different perspective of the Church, so hopefully we can help him to be baptized too.
 


We set up the tree that mom sent. And made it a little nordestino.

Our investigators Sergio and Danielle are progressing a ton. They will be getting married next month. They have really searched answers from God to know that this is the True Church of Christ.  They both have received such great answers to their prayers. Danielle said yesterday "I sit in Church and I listen to what is said and taught, and I just think wow... I agree with everything they are saying.  Every single doctrine seems so pure and perfect."


I am so grateful to be here on the mission. I know that it is coming to a close, which makes me super sad, but I am trying to make use of every moment I get.

I love all of you and I am so grateful for all of your support.

Elder Waters