Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 22 - A Igreja esta ficando rica!!‏


Knocking on the Door - Not Much Promise.

This week was spectacular.  "A igreja esta ficando rica" was the line of the week because this lady in our ward says it soooo much.  It is hilarious. We learned a ton about planning to meet our goals. We have come to figure out that we definitely need to work more at the beginning of the week so that we don’t get behind by the end of the week.

Someone said that the dollar equals up to 3.60 reais now…not sure if this is true but I think I better go out and buy some Nikes while I can! haha.

On Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Holman. He is an American and has the same amount of time as me in Brazil. (parent note – this particular sentence shows he is beginning to think in Portuguese as it is a literal translation from Portuguese grammar rather than how we would write that thought).  He has been really struggling with the language, so it was the first time that I knew more Portuguese than my companion..this was both frightening and exciting. Our day went great! We were able to do a lot of contacting and teach a good number of lessons. It was a good experience for me because it showed me how much Portuguese I have been learning since I had to do most of the talking.

Later in the week we had a great family home evening night with a member family! They brought two new investigators for us to teach so it was definitely a tender mercy. We watched this super cheesy church movie from the 80s. I thought it was so funny but luckily I didn’t laugh out loud.

On Sexta we went to see our investigator Grace. She told us that she stopped reading the Book of Mormon and that she had lots of doubts.  We taught her about honoring the Sabbath and then we both shared our testimonies. The spirit was so strong and after the prayer she shook our hands and said "Obrigado Irmão Elder Waters" while looking into my eyes-but it felt like she was looking into my soul. She then came to church!! We were so stoked and she had an awesome time.

I officially hit 5 months yesterday. I don’t know where the time has gone.  I am still trying to soak it all in!! Also I have been thinking a lot about the gift of prophets this week and faith as well.  I read a scripture that has both! Jacob 4:6 talks about how unshaken faith can do so many things.

River in the jungle while traveling to Cabo.

Next week is transfers so we will shall see if I stay or go..I hope I stay.

Shout out to my best friend Josh Davis for heading off to Mexico for his mission!! You are going to rock it man.
 

Love you all!

Abraço,

Elder Waters