Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 51 - Batismo de Dilma



Hello everyone!

This week we get to go to the temple so that is why I am emailing today!

I am super stoked.

This week went super rad! Dilma, our investigator finally got baptized. She started receiving the missionaries back in April of 2015.  Elder Azevedo started teaching her and taught her for about 5 months.  After that came other missionaries and finally us. She finally felt that the time was right to be baptized.  I don’t think I have been so happy as much as I was during this baptism.  

I can see how much Dilma has changed and the gospel has worked so hard in her life. Of course she wanted Elder Azevedo to come baptize her, so I called and got everything set up. It was lucky that he is a secretary now, so it was super easy for him to attend the baptism.


This week I also had an exchange with Elder Schmidt from California.  He went to BYU during Fall and Winter semesters last year but he stayed in Heritage because he is a stinker. haha nah he's cool. Our day was falling through pretty quick, but luckily some members asked us to provide service.  So we moved bricks. It was chill. 


After the baptism, we scheduled a "Noite do Bolo" activity, but we only had three cakes and not really any investigators came-so at the least, we learned how plan activities a little better.  Saturday rained all day long, but luckily we spent most of it cleaning the baptismal font and filling it up.  Unluckily I still don’t have an umbrella lol. 


Hope you all have a great week!! 


Elder Waters