Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 53 - Transferências e Um ano

Hello everyone!

So today is transfers andddddd I am going to stay here in Lagoa Encantada… with Elder Gimenez!  Yep we are staying three transfers together and we are going to rock it!  I was surprised, I thought one of us would go, but whatevs I am chill with it-didn’t want to pack luggage anyway.

This week we had a really cool experience!  We went to see a new investigator we have. His name is Severino.  We taught him the Restoration and then marked a return visit.  When we got there for the return visit, Serverino told us that he had been praying every day about our message since we first visited him.  He said that he didn't receive any visions or anything, but he felt that it was true.  Elder Gimenez explained that answers don't always come in huge experiences, but feelings. Then Severino said "well then I have received an answer for sure!"

Severino told us about how he feels like he needs to be reborn and I thought of Alma 7:14.  We read it with him and marked him to be baptized on the 6th. Later in the week we visited him to teach him about the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom.  He came to church on Sunday and loved it.

On Wednesday we had training with all the missionaries in the whole wide world. Cool huh? It was so sweet and exactly what we needed to hear for our area. It was cool to know all my friends were watching the same training at the same time in all sorts of different languages. 

Elder Thompson and I one year ago in the MTC....First Companion


Elder Thompson and I now. 
(we're in the same district whoo whoo)

I also completed a year this week and I still cannot believe it!  The time has gone by way too fast. I can't even believe I have been in this area for three months.  I guess that is the life on the mission. Also shout out to Mama Trammell for the awesome shirt I received this week!
Me in my new rad shirt from mama Trammell

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Waters