Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 64 - Enchanted Lake

Oí! 

There are no photos this week due to a poor internet connection.

This week went super dope. Way way better than last week!! Our investigators Silene and Fernando are progressing a ton. They are reading the Book of Mormon and came to church! They are marked for baptism this week and we are going try and help them achieve this goal.
 Their son Thomas Jefferson (that really is his name) will be leaving on a mission in Campinas on the 19th, and we want him to be able to baptize his mom and step-dad. So please pray for them!! It is amazing to see their progress.  When Thomas was baptized, they thought our church was a cult and that they were losing their son. Now they are having tons of spiritual experiences and are growing closer to the Lord.

This week we went to teach a less active and to try and find new investigators. During our lesson that took place in his yard, his big turtle walked over and started rubbing his neck on my legs and trying to climb up me. Then he started to chew a little bit, but I just let it happen ya know.  I figured out it was because he was hungry and trying to get me to give him some food. But it was chill.  We gave him some bread and his little baby turtle came out to play as well.

I have gotten tired of EFY music so Elder Faria and I have only been jamming to straight Motab. This week’s theme song was "Let us all Press On."

At church during the gospel principles class, Adriana (recent-convert) and Elaine (recent convert) were sharing what they were learning and basically teaching the class.  It was awesome! I can see that Adriana has grown a ton in her testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel and it makes me so happy!

I love how the gospel changes people. These two years of seeing people progress, grow closer to God, being baptized, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and continuing to learn and grow, is just awesome. I love my mission. I love my Savior. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I hope that you guys know too.

Love you all!

Elder Waters