Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 63 - General Conference

Hello All!

This week had its ups and downs, but Conference made everything so great! I know that this mission has been the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life for sure. I am reminded of that every day. The victories achieved make everything so worth it.
Everyone here got super pumped about the temple announcement in Belém, Brazil! I know that there were so many sacrifices made before the temple was built here in Recife and I know that it truly was the same there in Belém. It is cool to think that the companions and missionaries I have met from Pará will have their own temple.

Conference rocked my socks off.  But honestly I will be listening to it all again in English. The general authorities use lots of words that I don’t know in Portuguese haha.  That shows me that I have still so much to learn in this language!


This week we had a companionship exchange with the zone leaders. It went great and I learned so much. Their area is progressing so much and I want the same for our area. So, we are going to work harder and put in to practice what we learned. This transfer has definitely been a challenge and I am learning a lot about faith, hope, and patience. Elder Faria has an awesome attitude and he has helped me learn through our hard times that we need to trust in the Lord. I am grateful for that lesson.

I know that President Thomas S. Monson really is a prophet called of God. I love him so much. I know that Christ truly does run this church. It's His. 


We baked muffins, but we had to tape the switch on our oven so that the gas would stay on. #favella.


Tenha uma boa semana!

Elder Waters