Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 90 - Batismo de Marluce e a Vida Careca

Hello all,

This week was pretty interesting. First of all, last p-day, we decided that my hair was definitely not acceptable and well I shaved it all off. haha yeah seriously. And well let’s just say, I miss my hair. a lot. But it is funny because we had mission council and all the missionaries were like "what the heck Elder Waters, what did you do?" And all the members asked if we were taken by the police or if I have lice. And everyone asks me about my scar.  That is often times funny to explain because most of the people here have never seen snow and don’t really know how sledding works.

This week we baptized a senhora named Marluce. It has been over a month since we have been teaching her. She is awesome. She lives like almost next door to the Church. She loves the Church and the difficulty for her was understanding why she needed to be baptized again. We explained to her about authority and the restoration I think 4 different times using different ways to teach her so that she could understand. Once she did, everything went smoothly! 


Also Claudineide our recent convert tried to fast again this week. She had tried one time before she was baptized but gave up because of hunger! But this time she got through! She said she was so thirsty Saturday night. But then on Sunday she said she wasn't even feeling anything and was perfectly fine. She said she fasted with a special purpose. It is so cool to see people acting in the Gospel. That also reminds me of a scripture I read this week about fasting in D&C 59:13-14, 
13 And on this day thou shalt do none other thing, only let thy food be prepared with singleness of heart that thy fasting may be perfect, or, in other words, that thy joy may be full. 14 Verily, this is fasting and prayer, or in other words, rejoicing and prayer.

I know that fasting is joy and rejoicing. I love the scriptures. I can’t believe I didn’t read them every day before the mission. I can’t help but think how they have changed my life in these past few years. I love the gospel and I am so grateful for our Savior and Redeemer.  Have a good week!
Also, CONGRATS to my cousin Natalie for getting a mission call to Georgia!!! So proud of you!

Elder Waters