Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 31 - Batismo de Edril Nicolas Oliveira Silva‏


Hello pessoa,

This week we had a baptism! It was Edril who is a 9 year old.  His dad is the only person in the family who is not a member of the church.  His dad is super cool and goes to church every week.  A member who is also a recent convert named Sidnei baptized Edril.

Lookout point over the city Abreu e Lima

This week I went on an exchange with the zone leader Elder Ruppel. He is white and red-headed... but he is not American!  He is a Brazilian from the south.  However, literally everyone (including Brazilians, missionaries, and everyone) think that he is American or German.  I went to his area in Jardim Brasil and we had a blast. We did tons of contacting and door knocking.  It went super well. Elder Ruppel only has a month left and so he is a rocking missionary. I learned so much from this exchange.

On Saturday we taught a new investigator Bruna for the first time. At the end we asked her to pray for an answer regarding the church.  We asked Bruna if she would be baptized if she received an answer to her prayers.  She said well yeah that would make sense - yes! It was sweet. Now she just needs to pray.

On Sunday we got into church and a guy named Roger showed up.  We contacted Roger on the bus, noted his address and simply invited him to church (like usual). We were excited that he came to church - it was super cool. Mini-miracles.  Roger loves to read, so the Book of Mormon will be great for him. After church we went to a member family’s home for lunch.  They made Mexican food! My companion told them that I used to work at a Mexican restaurant, so they made me make my burrito first and then they all had me wrap their burritos for them because they did not know what to do with the tortillas.  I am jealous of Elder Davis in Mexico… I bet he is eating well!!
Pineapple plant..I literally never knew how they were grown until now.
 
Love you all! This week was packed and I am wiped.  I guess that is better than being lazy.  

Tenha uma boa semana!

Abraço,

Elder Waters